Today marks an auspicious date in the calendar of GEMS World Academy (Singapore). It is the day our community celebrates during the graduation ceremony of our first cohort of Grade 12 students. We are all extremely proud of these students who have led the way for the rest of our students to follow.
It is never easy to be the first, but our graduates have been exemplary in their attitude towards their studies and their compassion for each other. Throughout this year, the graduating class have worked together as a team by supporting each other at every turn. Their efforts have been rewarded with some outstanding offers from world-class universities.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the teachers and staff who so ably supported and guided these students. It is because of your consistent efforts that our students have been able to thrive.
It is also important to thank the parents who have put their trust in our school and pioneered a new heritage. The inheritance of which we hope will last for many years to come. The love and support you have given your children through this important stage of their life will have an everlasting impact on their lives.
It is with great pride that we congratulate our graduates and wish them a prosperous future, safe in the knowledge that GEMS (Singapore) has set them on the path to opportunity and success.
As our school year draws to a close, I am pleased to announce that we have a number of significant improvements in place for the next academic year.
- Three-year Strategic plan.
- More bespoke structure for SY – Mark Petterson (Middle School) and Jonathan Cox (High School).
- New MYP Coordinator – Kylie Begg.
- New PYP Coordinators – Edna Lau and Paul Rimmer.
- Additional learning support.
- Additional EAL support.
- Broader range of international benchmark assessments.
- Student House system.
- Improved Extra Curricular Activities (ECA) programme.
- A new pathway for senior school students in Arts and Design with SCAD courses.
- New Design Centre and GEMS Flexispace.
- Renovation of the Library.
- Shade areas and renovated play areas for EY.
- Safer traffic flow and drop-off.
- Visitor Management System.
There will be further announcements regarding our vendors who manage security, the canteen and bus service in future blog posts.
Finally, although I am apprehensive about being in the dunk tank, I am looking forward to seeing you all at the GEMS Family Fun Day on Saturday 9 June.
Richard Henry, Head of School, GEMS World Academy (Singapore)