At GEMS World Academy (Singapore) we are always looking to find ways to support our student’s academic foundations. Mathematics is one particular area of interest. As such we have begun a collaboration with Dr Fong Ho Kheong (Dr Fong) to help our students excel in mathematics.
Dr Fong is a world-renowned Singapore Maths specialist, academic, author, educational consultant and founder of the BrainBuilder™ Learning Centres.
The BrainBuilder program aims to teach children strategies to be critical, creative and independent thinkers. This is in line with the IB program approaches to teaching and learning which also aims make students independent, creative and critical learners. The BrainBuilder Maths programme does not take over the way the school’s Maths is currently taught.
As part of this collaboration, you will be able to sign up your child to attend the BrainBuilder programs.
About Dr Fong:
- Obtained his Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from King’s College London specialising in mathematics education
- Taught at the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore for 24 years
- Founding President of Singapore’s Association of Mathematics Educators (AME) from 1994-1998
- Chief Editor of The Mathematics Educator, a publication of the Association of Mathematics Educators, Singapore from 1998-2000
- Served Emirates College for Advanced Education, Abu Dhabi & Bahrain Teachers College, Bahrain, as Head of Maths & Science Departments
- Formerly a Senior Mathematics Specialist with the Regional Centre for Education in Science and Mathematics (RECSAM) in Penang, Malaysia.
BrainBuilder™ offers a holistic approach to maths education – from learning new concepts, to using the world-renowned Singapore Maths model-drawing techniques to solve word problems and teaching strategies to ensure students gain the skills and confidence they need to master maths and achieve their goals.
To register for the BrainBuilder programme CLICK HERE>