Thank you for your interest in pursuing your child’s admission to GEMS World Academy (Singapore).
Everything you need to know about the application process is outlined below. We encourage you to review our entry requirements page prior to submitting an application.
Our Admissions team will be glad to guide you through the application process and provide you with as much information as possible to enable you to make the best decision for you and your family.
If you have already spoken to our team, have visited the school and you’re ready to apply, please click here to start your application.
- All supporting documents must be in English. If any supporting document is not written in English, a certified English translation is required
- Please read through our admissions criteria and our age placement chart, as this will help to make the application process easier
- Use this checklist to ensure that you have included all necessary documentation to support your application
- All information provided to GEMS (Singapore) must be true, complete, and not misleading. Should it become evident after admission that pertinent information or records were withheld or altered, immediate withdrawal of admission will occur. As a private school enterprise, the division level Principal and the Head of School are final authorities regarding acceptance or denial of any student/applicant at any time.
- Wire/bank transfer
- Cheque payment
- Cash payment at the school
- Payment by credit card at the school
- Payment by credit card on the online gateway
- All students applying for admissions to Grade 1 through to Grade 5 are required to sit for an age-related Maths and English literacy test to assess writing, reading, listening, numeracy and reasoning abilities.
- All non-native English-speaking students applying for admissions to Grade 1 onwards will sit for an English proficiency assessment to determine whether the candidate can access the English-based curriculum and if additional support is required.
- Students who require additional support to successfully access the curriculum will be placed in one of two levels of English as an Additional Language (EAL) Support Programme based on the assessment scores.
Students applying for admissions to Grade 6 and above may be invited to a family meeting. The purpose of this meeting is for us to assess your child’s academic and social development, learn about your family and gain insight into your child’s educational aspirations and interests.
The Admission Fee will become due to upon completion of the application process. This is a one-time, non-refundable and non-transferable fee of SGD 5,200 and must be paid on or before the due date for the payment as stipulated on the invoice.
Note: We are currently only able to accept the admissions fee by bank transfer if paying remotely.
Submit a signed Student Contract, copy of student’s, parent’s and guardian’s (if applicable) valid Singapore identification cards, waiver and general consent forms prior to the course commencement date.