A GEMS World Academy (Singapore) / British Chamber of Commerce Singapore joint event: GEMS SG Parents RSVP Below
- Mr. Tony Little – former Headmaster of Eton College and current Chief Academic Officer for GEMS Education
- Lord Andrew Adonis – former UK Minister for Schools and current Chair of the National Infrastructure Commission
- Mr. Edward Christian Kieswetter – former Deputy Commissioner, South African Revenue Service and current President of the DaVinci Institute
- Moderator: Michael Klemm – Senior Associate Director / Head of Industry Relations, National University of Singapore
For full speaker bios click here>
As our economy, institutions and societal structures are shifting at an unprecedented pace, education leaders have an opportunity to innovate, to create a future that supports every learner. Taking action today prepares students for new ways of learning, working and living can help ensure their future success.
This dialog session with three of the world’s foremost education leaders will explore foundational issues faced by education organisations, and the strategies they are implementing in response to them, with a spotlight on Kindergarten to Grade 12 school-based education.
Upon examining what education systems aim to achieve and how institutions are responding, some fundamental questions to be addressed include:
– How can we educate the whole person and enable lifelong learning that supports academic and social-emotional growth?
– How can we personalise learning and create flexible approaches that respond to learners’ needs?
– How can we renegotiate definitions of success
Our three panelists are considering how best to respond to an increasingly complex external environment that will impact their operations, give rise to new organizational structures and business models, and shift learners’ expectations.
Date: Mon, December 04, 2017
Time: 06:30 PM – 08:30 PM
Venue: Empress 4 – Level 2, Carlton Hotel, 76 Bras Basah Road, Singapore 189558
This event will include free-flow house wine, beers, and soft drinks with light canapes and time during registration and post event for networking with BritCham members and guests.